Saturday, January 19, 2013

Back to the books


Weather forecast: Rainy for the next 3 days. Time to go under the covers and read a book! 
I’ve dusted the covers of The Crosswicks Journals by Madeleine L’Engle which have been in my bookshelf for years and started on the first book – A Circle of Quiet. These are some sort of L'Engle's memoirs but read more like journals which she have kept over the years.
I always call my Madeleine L’Engle books “soul-refreshers”; books which I turn to when I’m tired, frustrated, sad, angry simply because they lift my spirit and calm my soul. Whether they are fiction like my favourite Wrinkle in Time series, Austin and O’Keefe family series or non-fiction like The Crosswicks Journals, she illuminates the world for me with her honest and personal thoughts on life, love and faith.



No comments: