Friday, January 31, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars

I've somehow never gotten the chance to read John Green's books so The Fault In Our Stars is the first. I decided to buy it cos the title sounds like something which I would like, the cover is an eye catching bright blue with hand drawn graphics, and it received so many rave reviews.

Really unfortunately, I didn't like it. I didn't like his writing style and I didn't feel for the characters or find them particularly engaging. It was suppose to make you cry buckets (I usually have a problem controlling my tears at the movies or reading a book), but I felt detached after reading this. To be fair,  there are certain quotable quotes which I can imagine myself jotting down.

Just hoping that the movie would tug harder at my heart strings. Trailer looks promising!





No comments: