Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Another year

KM's bday. A simple affair as requested - swim, lunch, movie - and not any less enjoyable. As long as Subway continues to produce sarnies and we don't tire of LM Montgomery, I'm very sure our kindred-ness will last.

Headed down to PS for lunch and bought too many packets of inedible chips to munch in the cinema. KM wanted to watch Ocean's 13 (action) while I wanted to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Jap anime) so we compromised and watch Transformers (which none of us really wanted). I expected to see a bunch of talking/walking metal parts mingling with earthlings; I did, but true to Michael Bay productions, there were loads of action scenes, explosions, special effects and drama (think Armageddon). A typical summer blockbuster (action, eye candy for audiences of both sexes, a resolved ending) and really, blockbusters are quite relaxing after too many arty (and usually depressing) indie flicks. Besides, it can't be that bad when Steven Spielberg is co-producing.

I'm sure everyone has some childhood memory of Transformers. I don't remember the cartoon itself but the theme song has certainly stuck - "
Transformers, robots in disguise...." (and not "ro-bo-di-gi-ta" or whatever mumbo jumbo Cui remembered). And yeah, I can't forget the night when my cousin tripped and his mini Transformers bounced onto the MRT tracks.


No comments: