Friday, September 5, 2008

Edu-dine 2 & 3

The end of Edu-dine marks the midpoint of PLC which means work is starting soon. Arrgh!

Because of my luck, or the lack of it, I was seated beside a lawyer/judge for all 3 Edu-dines! It was tiring trying to keep up a conversation when I just wanted to eat and relax. I hoped I didn't appear as a too boring/apathetic/giggly/dumb person.

The judge whom I sat beside on the last Edu-dine started our conversation with a rather accusatory "Why aren't you joining the Legal Service!" I really didn't know how to reply. Throughout dinner, he alternated between being bewildering, preachy, interesting, fatherly and boring. Cynthia and Elvin kept pulling faces and beaming sympathetic looks across the table. Not a good idea if I burst out laughing guys!

The guest speaker was AG Walter Woon (topic: cyberspace) who was the most engaging speaker. Nobody dared to ask questions after the overly long Q&As we had in the previous Edu-dines (Egyptian ambassador on "secularism"; another ambassador on "ASEAN").

No comments: