Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Becoming MS

I adore the Kate Spade "Occasion" book Gill gave me for my 23rd - a (calculated?) move to bring our the inner Martha Stewart in me. Dare I say I might actually like the book better than the bags? It's witty, informative and filled with whimsical watercolour drawings!

I first saw the range of books ("Occasion", "Manners" and "Style") in the library many years ago. I remember badgering my mom to get them for me but to no avail apparently. I must have pointed it out (hinted blatantly) to Gill each time we pass the Kate Spade shop in Raffles City and she was kind enough to remember hahaha.


We had dinner at Charcoal - a restaurant run by overly eager to please Shatec students. Despite the negative inference from the word "students", the food is good and I didn't feel like a guinea pig. I like their reasonable 4-course set meals and fluffy bread rolls with butter. No doubt the best thing is the absence of a crowd on a Saturday evening.

No comments: