Sunday, March 22, 2009

Perks!

The one thing I took away from the Microsoft 2007 Training Programme last Friday night is how imperative staff welfare is for an office of happy working people.

By staff welfare, I don't mean more $$$ by the smaller tangibles and intangibles that help ameliorate working life.

The pantry (yes it all boils down to food!) at the Microsoft office is a dream. Based on an open concept, it stretches along full length windows facing the Marina barrage, the skyline, the Esplanade and the Flyer. I can almost hear the collective "Oooh" when everyone glimpsed the night view. And I felt better already merely by positioning myself by one of the windows.

Cosy groups of tables, chairs and couches line the windows, a convenient walk from the coffee machine, biscuits and drinks larder. I was impressed by their "green" efforts when I saw 3 recycling bins strategically placed beside the coffee machine.

My mood elevated for the second time when I saw the array of drinks in the the glass-door refrigerator - those that you commonly see at mama shops and drink stalls. The only difference now is I can fish a packet/can out without paying!

No comments: