Sunday, July 4, 2010

Scrapping memories

Everybody knows how I go ga-ga over scrapbooking materials, magazines and all that paper stuff. The truth is, I hardly get my hands down to actually scrapping my photos. I think it's equally enjoyable just flipping through the magazine pages, scrolling through blogs and dreaming of all the possible pages I can create.

Here's the HK pages which I did on a sudden whim shortly after we returned. I guess Dragon's Back on a drizzly, blustery winter day was an unforgettably un-Hongkong-ish experience. Some people think we're crazy to hike in HK, I mean why HK of all places right? But I always make it a point to do/see something less common in each place I visit and to have a varied trip - shopping, scenery, culture, outdoor activity - to prevent sightseeing fatigue. The piping hot and cheap egg tarts at Shau Kei Wan at the end just topped it.





Got this idea for a "memory file" from KP, one of my fav scrappers. What attracted me to this project was how easy and quick it was to put everything together and how ingenious it is to collate all your loose souvenir neatly into one file. Anything that can go under the puncher can be thrown in. While each piece of paper may look rather insignificant on its own, the whole stack nicely sums up what we did for our US trip.




Daiso is the best place to get all sorts of strange but extremely useful stationery supplies like the postcard folders above and the punched sticker extension below when you don't want to punch holes through a particular document.





No comments: