Sunday, June 9, 2013

Nutella overload

Friday was a shitty day which explains (is an excuse for) my Nutella overload. Surfeit is probably a better word cos it killed my appetite for the rest of the day - in a good way. To be fair, I did not start out searching for anything Nutella since I've already had two Nutella cupakes in the past week.

To backtrack, Friday was one of those days where I had a court hearing in the morning which over ran into lunch, and I had another court hearing in the afternoon so that effectively meant that I had to hustle around and could only grab a takeaway. I decided to indulge in my favourite chocolate chip scone from Gastronomia Da Paolo and it was at that moment when I spotted the Nutella cake - a new creation from the awesome people at Da Paolo.

I had to get it even though it looks horribly sinful and to be perfectly honest, not very attractive in the plastic tub. But, just the word 'Nutella' makes my heart skip a beat. I simply cannot resist anything Nutella. Maybe my love affair with Italy has something to do with knowing that some Italian dude created this hazelnut spread.

Here's a blur picture of the cake. I only remembered to snap a pic after taking a couple of mouths. I suspect half a bottle of Nutella goes into every piece of cake - that's 3 thick gooey layers of Nutella for you!



No comments: