Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Pleasure

Split has come to Singapore and it was by chance that I discovered their summer collection in Isetan. Was very surprised that they brought this American brand in and promptly bought a casual strappy top in light of my delightful discovery. Horrors! I'm as superficial as a Bergdorf Blond and while BBs may have the need to exhaust their enormous fortunes, I have no excuse to spend indiscriminately.

I notice that "instant gratification from retain therapy"
is a universal rule. Note the word "instant". Some people (like my mom) regret after she steps out of the shop. These people buy excessively and then whine incessantly. WHAT's the point of spending money and feeling worse after that? If you don't like something, chuck it.

When I'm feeling broke but need some RT, I head for
Diaso which is probably the best thing that has ever come to Singapore (Toronto has similarly addictive Dollarshops). For the uninitiated, Diaso is a Japanese (does not mean that all the stuff are made in Japan) chain that sells almost everything under one roof. The best part: everything is $2 regardless of any GST increase. I swear I can't walk out of the store empty handed.

Lately, all my decision making dilemmas involve shopping. Like deciding whether to buy shampoo with avocado oil or macadamia oil - I chose avocado thinking that it is oilier hence more moisturizing. But after doing the Redken hair test online, I'm advised to use the Body Full range instead of All Soft range. Apparently, using a too-rich conditioner makes your hair look flat. Arrgh.

And then came the matter of what colour contacts to get. Urged by my surprisingly open minded optician, I opted for "groovy green" instead of the less striking brown. Perhaps I can now get a role in the upcoming Twilight movie haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coloured contacts went out of fashion during the time when I still had 6/6 vision.