Sunday, January 6, 2008

Mere liquid

The bad thing about drinking is that I turn a ghastly red VERY quickly. The good thing is that I don't get drunk easily and I un-red myself in a relatively short time. Don't think I've even gotten high before. The only side effect I experienced, other than a flushed face, was a sore throat in the morning after a night of Vodka at our Taiwan new year party.

Not that I drink often since I don't club and hardly hang out in bars. Maybe it's the festive season but I've been consuming alcohol more often than usual: Christmas dinner, Grandma's bday lunch, hair salon's opening ceremony, class outing at Timbre and yesterday at Ying's house.

My JC classmates are good drinkers so it was inevitable that we played drinking games last night. It was a first time for me and I thought the games were rather harmless and lapsed into boredom after a while. The most "exciting" part was probably the revelation of people's dirty little secrets (I am thankful that my secrets are too bland to attract any interest). Frankly, I really do not care to know some of them.


I'm amazed Ying's parents did not barge out of the bedroom to shush us.

No comments: