Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Decemberness

I don't know why but it startled me to realise that tomorrow is December (and I only realised it when I dated my letter to my opponent) yet I don't feel any Decemberness.

December used to be marked by school holidays and now that that has been permanently removed from my life, and since the weather in Singapore is not very helpful in reminding you of the seasons, I suppose December has lost most of its significance (Christmas aside, but it's not as if my family is very big on Christmas anyway. Strange since my dad loves Christmas songs and my mom loves to bake log cakes and we just love to receive presents).

On a more cheerful note, I just witnessed a splendid stormy sunset from the 31st floor of my office and I'm looking forward to peeling off Day 1 of my advent calender tomorrow!

Here's to December and of course, Christmas :)

No comments: