Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wedding at sea

Waking up at 5.45am on a Sat after a trial last week to attend a wedding is in all honesty quite a trial itself but a combination of factors put me on a high despite the lack of sleep.

There's the sea for one and the excitement of an early morning "excursion" to a far-flung spot of Singapore - one degree 15 at Marina Cove on Sentosa to be precise. I have not been there and am unlikely to go there in the near future unless I get to know some rich friend who stays there or get invited to a yacht party - very remote situations either way.

ES and AG had the beautiful idea of solemnizing their marriage on a yacht and the theme was white. I was not in white cos the last time I wore a white dress was as a jie mei at SX's wedding and it seems abit too dressy and un-nautical. The day before, we had a horrendous storm. On Sat, it was cloudy but soon cleared up fortuitously. Here are some pics I managed to capture while trying to find my sea legs!


Early morning harbour. Had a celeb spotting moment - the Queen of Caldecott Hill no less and her family in tow!
  
Love the early morning serenity and clear water (don't like the seaweed thingy growing underwater though). 


Wandering along the pier in search of the yacht. 

Love the pretty homemade touches the bride made to the yacht.

 Designed by the bride and cut out by me! Made with my fav new buy - the Silhouette Cameo.

J and I sneaking in some shots before the ceremony.

Very pleasant Justice of Peace. I guess amicability is one of the major criteria in becoming a JP!

The family with big eyes all around!

Out at sea - sun-decking.

Nice to admire, impossible to procure.
Lazarus island - very bucolic in my view.

In front of the lalang field.

The happy couple.

Pose looks familiar? Before anybody says this smacks of corniness, I'd better say that I put the couple up to it. But at least the smiles were natural!

The sea-sick victim whose agony was only slightly alleviated by a pill.





No comments: