Friday, May 8, 2009

happy call break

If the filing of my call papers go well, this is the first day after many months where I'm officially off work!

And the laughable thing is that I am up at 7.10am (which is the time before I'm usually conscious) despite a hangover last night after the dept decided to celebrate our call break at a nearby Boat Quay pub. The amount of alcohol consumed last night is enough to drown several cats- I caught a glance of the receipt which was looooong (frightfully long actually since we have to reciprocate their treat in 2 months). All in good fun (and good faith).

I had a free lunch too. The partner I was helping out with treated us to a Japanese buffet at the Fullerton Courtyard - the empty space in the middle of groundfloor beneath a skylight. It's a cosy and intimate place for tete-a-tete and offers a very different experience from the eat-all-you-can buffets in the main restaurant. Only sushi, salad, cakes, chasoba and miso soup were on the buffet platter. We were served tempura prawns and beef separately. I suspect it's a place for quality rather than quality dining. Not for penny pinchers!

Cheers to two months of doing only what I want :)

No comments: