Thursday, April 17, 2008

Frustrated

What's common between catching raindrops with my tongue and watching Definitely, Maybe? They both leave me feeling frustrated.

Raindrops first. Lying on my back facing the heavens, I love the gentle tickle of raindrops on my face. Then I imagined I was Pi, dying of thirst (he at sea, me at the pool). Mouth open, I caught raindrops and tried not to think of pollution. Minutes later, I concluded I'd died if I was Pi cos the pathetic few drops of rain melted on my tongue almost imperceptibly and left me thirstier than ever when I was not even thirsty at first.

Now the movie. Why I enjoyed it: gorgeous views of NYC especially Brooklyn Bridge at night. Since I can't be there, looking at it for 2 hours is the next best thing. Also, it's romantically teary enough for a softie at heart. Why I was frustrated: the ending was awful (happy endings are usually ok but this happy ending was way too off) and as KM noted, none of the characters are particularly likable or cute.

Btw, Uniqlo is coming to town which means I'll see my tee shirt on everybody's back =/ Haven't they learn from Gap and Banana Republic that the value diminishes when it's easily obtainable?


No comments: