Monday, June 4, 2007

Hitches

I received a phone call today 5 mins after I came out of the cinema (watched Zodiac with Kah Ming. Pretty cool thriller btw). It was a call from the tour agent. She told me I had a flight tomorrow. "Cool," I thought, "They actually bother to remind me." Then she blurted out that the flight was cancelled. CANCELLED???

How
suay is that? Depressing thoughts clouded my mind for a second and cleared the next when the agent told me that they transferred me to a flight on Cathay Pacific. Not bad, an upgrade! But the thought of rearranging my plans sucked. I have to tell everybody (i.e. overly concerned family members) about the news and I foresee endless explanations.

The tour agent chided me for not registering online for my travel mileage points (she said I could redeem a ticket to Tokyo. Yeah a
one way ticket to Japan. Like I will use it). Like I cared about points when I'm on the verge of not going on my holiday. Then she told me I will transit at Anchorage.

ANCHORAGE?! Anchorage = Alaska and Alaska = polar bears, ice, white landscapes, cold weather and penguins (or are they only found in Antartica)!! Cool, no pun intended. I probably won't even have the chance to sniff the artic air (will I freeze if I step out in a T-shirt and jeans?) when I'm stuck in a transit room. But hey that doesn't mean one can't hope!



No comments: