Monday, September 10, 2007

Happenings

Sent Des off at the airport last night - he's going to the land of chocs, cheese (perfect for fondues!) and snow. Here's a cyber HUG. His friends came in groups (one bunch looking like an emo rock band) so he was a little stressed trying to entertain all of us.

Anyway I promised to blog diligently so here's more unimportant bits of my life (To Cui: pls blog more too so that I know which Corelle set you chose).

Was surprised and glad that WH (same initials, different personalities) materialized cos I didn't know anyone there. Come to think of it, the last time I saw him was 358 days ago at the party. I probably talked him to death last night. He agreed to find out how they attach the arteries to plastic hearts.

Visited Terri at the hospital today. She had a bad bout of food poisoning resulting in intestinal inflammation and she's on the drip. Ouch. She told me she lost some weight and I couldn't help thinking about how food poisoning is as effective as a 3-day detox programme. The good thing is you have no appetite. The con: it hurts. Puking hurts.

While some people detest hospitalization, I actually find lying in bed alone quite peaceful and therapeutic (that lucky girl has HBO which was playing Pride & Prejudice). You are forced to do nothing and rest, which sounds great. You can choose your meals and people will serve them. It's like traveling on a plane with good service.

Cass felt maternal so we visited the maternity ward and gushed at babies. Actually the newborns look like teeny wrinkled sunburned rats but their fragility makes you feel protective. The poor mothers were wheeled around on steel stretchers and looked positively drained. The Glow has not set in yet.

No comments: