Sunday, September 30, 2007

There's always time

Despite being bogged down with work during our oxymoronic study break, I'm touched that you guys bothered to turn up for dinner! After watching Joshua (very good creepy show which makes you never want to have kids), we trooped to Central but all the restaurants had a line (not true that Singaporeans only queue for free stuff) so we ended up at Fishermen's Wharf. It's the place for fish and chips - at least 10 kinds of fish and hand cut chips.

Yes Des, your absence was felt by all of us! Anyway you can see that we all look pretty much the same (WH joined us for once!).


And I got my fav choc cake from
Rive Gauche. You all do know me quite well. Thanks for the tunic too!

We had a hilariously difficult time lighting the candles. I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into the cake. Choco craving!!

And I finally got my wish of seeing some lanterns before the Mid-Autumn Festival ends. But those by the Singapore River were nothing impressive. SY and Yilynn involved in fishy affairs.

Group pic by one old uncle who gamely agreed to use my digital cam.


Standing in front of Chang-Er who looks like she can't wait to return to the moon after being gawked at by nosy passers-by.


Daryl and I looking like ghosts (ok just me in my white sack).


I like the whimsical lamp XX gave me very much. It has this cool contraption that allows you to adjust the brightness simply by tapping the rim of the lamp. Thanks!


Just watched the President Star Charity and it's one of the more enjoyable ones. A musical! Same old performers but I note a multi-racial cast and greater involvement of non-actors : Woffles Wu jiggling to Saturday Night Fever, socialites sashaying across the "ballroom", Dick Lee singing Fried Rice Paradise, Jonathan Leong attempting a Chinese song (commendable effort but pls stick to Chasing Cars), Singapore Idol contestants doing a High School Musical, Dr William Tan and Gurmit grooving to Grease Lightning and our President reciting Desiderata (according to my dad) - a poem by Max Ehrmann about attaining happiness in life. Sweet.

No comments: