Saturday, February 9, 2008

CNY celebrations - tears and laughter

CNY Day 1 - missed Geraldine's company cos we usually do the rounds together and it's always nice to have somebody my age to chat with. Hardly feel the CNY mood this year. Streets are quiet, shops are quiet and the atmosphere is simply not there. Enjoyed meeting up with "yearly" relatives though and engaging in the typical scrutiny of who grew taller/fatter/thinner/older. Ended the day with an interesting tete-a-tete in Carol's bedroom.

CNY Day 2 - managed to visit friends' houses in the morning and came back in time to host my relatives. Very relieved that lunch, refreshment and other nitty gritty stuff were properly dealt with before any guests arrived. CNY is such a stressful and showy event. Thank goodness for a giddily fun night at TR's house where we sipped ice wine, planned our grad trip, watched horror movies and prattled on till dawn.

CNY Day 3 - relatives came over for a mee siam lunch. Very glad Yivon was over to keep me entertained (and awake) and to help shape the mini pizza appetizers. We slipped off halfway to catch
"PS: I Love You"
and it was really a novel moment in my cinematic experience.

First, I've never cried so much while watching any movie, yes not even Titanic. Second, I've never slept so much in any movie either. When I first woke up, Gerard Butler had already died and Hilary Swank had received his posthumous present. Tear glands acted up and it was pretty much a sleep-wake-cry routine throughout the whole movie. Was totally spent after the 2 hours.


No comments: