Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A night at Clarke Quay

Jap food is very comforting. It's usually neither too oily, salty, sweet nor unexpectedly bad (which I think explains why Jap food is pricier). Throughly enjoyed the Yakiniku Kamameshi I ordered at Sun with Moon Restaurant where we celebrated Yilynn's bday. It was the first time I visited the Clarke Quay branch and I love the ambience al fresco dining offers!

I didn't know that raw egg mixed with rice and beef could taste so yummy!

The cake Des and XX chose from our favourite confectionery,
Rive Gauche, was a fluffy concoction of chestnut cream, chestnut bits and sponge. But nothing beats the chocolate one of course.

Incidentally, it was Mrs Koh's bday too but unfortunately, she had a rendezvous with her hubby and couldn't join her pioneer JC class for celebrations. Nevertheless, she saw our pics on Facebook. I was rather amused at her expression of shock when she realised we are 23. Speaking of photos, Des and I were anally dissatisfied with the pics of us (when I think I look ok, he'll insist he looks horrible. vice versa -_-) and only Daryl would be so obliging to take more pics without any complaint!


We headed to
The Clinic (another of those themed bars whose popularity has not waned. Yet.) for drinks but were relegated to the "patients' waiting area" instead of the highly popular "wheelchairs" and "hospital beds". We were rather disgruntled because "being hospitalized/immobile" was the novelty we are paying for.

Yilynn got her $50
Sex on a Drip and my first thought was "Do they reuse the plastic mouth piece? Ewww..." Anyway getting the liquid out proved to be a chore so no more drips for us next time. One saving grace - the chips and dips are cheap and not bad.

Nurse Yilynn administering a drug to her tortured patient

A drink to loosen tongues...


No comments: